8 Responses to “RED Digital have blown away all others”

1. cam November 13, 2008 at 9:59 pm #

sounds amazing, but we must wait for some samples before going too mad, looks the goods though.

2. Philip November 13, 2008 at 10:12 pm #

I haven’t read anything that relates to the stills camera ability to autofocus or shoot HDR more efficiently. There is a lot more to learn but it will be quite a wait for any sample images.
    Go nuts in the meantime I reckon.

3. Maglio Viracca November 14, 2008 at 6:39 am #

I’m reading the specs…and oggling over the pics…and I’m astounded….so many words jump into my mind… gorgeous… sexy!… modular… lego(!)… OMG-look at the size of that sensor!… 261MP!!!… terminator(!)

If the images it produces are as good as they say, this is unbelievable, truly a breakthrough.

Go nuts indeed.

4. Cameron November 14, 2008 at 7:09 am #

I’m very impressed, even though I don’t use digital that often (it just doesn’t figure in my usual workflow) I might be tempted to jump on board with this as well, depending on what the cost point at the startup level is. On of the main reasons I have held off getting a ‘newer’ digital camera to upgrade my old Canon G5 is the ever present obsolescence factor. With a modular setup this is (to some degree but certainly not totally) addressed.
    Great concept however. I wonder if this will equate to a paradigm shift in how digital cameras are made and marketed?

5. Cameron November 14, 2008 at 10:36 am #

…mind you, the ‘blocky’ aesthetics of the set-up (almost as if it was made of lego) leave a bit to be desired.

6. Philip November 14, 2008 at 11:15 am #

Hey but I tipped they would have a Nikon and Canon lens mount.

7. Cameron November 14, 2008 at 5:17 pm #

That you did, oh wise one!

8. Philip November 14, 2008 at 6:03 pm #

Still no clear idea of AF system or hotshoe location. Seems to be a lot more info to clear up but a lot of comment today about how it is more expensive than a D90??? or is is too big.
    Given that some pro photographers are not photo journalists I expect a bit of interest from the tripod mounted kooky guys in advertising and fine art.